Helpful Tips To Prevent Storm Damage
Storms often come quickly and without much notice, being prepared is crucial to avoid any unexpected storm damages. SERVPRO of Ottumwa / Oskaloosa is here to help clean up any storm related damage you experience. We are here to give these tips ahead of time to hopefully prevent damage from occurring.
Storm Preparedness Tips
- Protect Pipes from Freezing
- Caulk and weather strip windowsills to keep water and cold air out
- Get your heating source serviced and cleaned before the cold weather hits.
- Have a plan with your family as to what to do if a storm warning is issued.
- Bring your furry friends inside if possible.
- Have flashlights and extra batteries on hand.
- Keep dry clothes available for all family members.
- Check on friends and family and neighbors.
- Bring in any outdoor furniture that could possibly fly around.
- STAY CALM
Once the storm has past checking structural elements, doing a walk through around the interior and exterior of your home or business, and checking utility services should be done as soon as safe to do so. If you notice any damages call a professional to assess the possible damage and make necessary repairs to prevent further damage from occurring.